Ben Schultz has worked as a system designer and software developer for nearly twenty years. Ben honed his expertise of internet technologies as a custom software designer for Equifax, designing and overseeing the development of system-to-system interfaces for financial institutions. Ben oversaw projects for over 100 institutions, including Bank of America, Capital One Bank, Chase, United Nations Federal Credit Union, and Boeing Employees Credit Union.
Ben founded Concord Business Services in 2007 in order to reduce travel time and work more independently. He has continued to consult with financial institutions as well as to build a business consulting and developing web-applications for internet marketers and small business owners.
Ben is a graduate of the College of Engineering at Louisiana State University.
A short summary of skills that Ben can bring to your project follows.
- Very strong Microsoft SQL Server database implementation skills. Sixteen years of experience with Tranact-SQL programming language.
- Use of SQL Server Analysis Services for reporting and analysis of data in a multi-dimensional data model.
- Use SQL Server Integration Services for data merge and simple system integration tasks.
- Extensive use of Microsoft Reporting Services for report development and distribution.
- Strong skills with Crystal Reports development.
- Fifteen years experience with XML development, including authoring schemas and XSL transformations.
- Power User of Microsoft Sharepoint for information repository, workflow management, and tracking.
- Intermediate ability to develop software in C++ and in Objective-C.
- Implementation of data models using MySQL databases for web applications.
- Working knowledge of .Net development and implementation, especially using C# for development and Microsoft IIS for implementation.
- Working knowledge of website implementation using Ubuntu/Apache.
- Experienced with the design principals of much online system-to-system communication, including HTTP posts, Ajax-enabled sites, direct post/response over IP sockets, 3270 Emulation, and API-based connectivity.
- Fifteen years experience in software project estimation.
- Authored best-practice documentation around software development lifecycle (SDLC), change management and control, version and source control, and scope definition.
- Experienced in Agile development methodology.
- Developed tracking milestones and metrics to improve estimation and delivery times.
- As a private contractor, delivered all commitments on time and on budget.
- Developed tools for tracking progress on estimates and reports to validate and compare actual vs. estimated work on projects, including portal-based tools for consulting clients.
- Strong ability to learn business requirements, and to communicate ideas with non-technical users.
- Regular speaker at conferences for end-users of systems.
- Regularly write and present reports to executive management.